To see an overview as explained in an interview with Stephanie Gaines-Bryant on Sisters 4 Fitness -Please watch on YouTube Sisters 4 Fitness
Who we are
We are the first National Registry dedicated to the safety of those on the Autism Spectrum and their early recognition in the community. This is not a replacement for public education and awareness campaigns about Autism. This is merely one cog, in a wheel of many, necessary to help the individual with Autism to function safely and effectively in their communities. The Autism FYI National Registry is a subsidiary of Autism FYI Organization whose goals include programs for safety, employment and independent living for adults with autism.
How it works
The online registry will have you create a login. This is usually done by the parent or guardian. More than one child can be registered. Each will have a unique ID #. A series of questions will follow that have been created specifically for those on the Autism Spectrum. Some are mandatory and others are not. You can send a picture to accompany your child’s information on the USB to Joy@autismfyi.org. Giving enough information to assist in an emergency is important to allow appropriate care. You will then be able to choose any of the add-ons which are the supportive products. These are only available to registrants. Public awareness by using the logo, allowing early recognition, is very beneficial. Once registered, your membership kit will be created and mailed to you. A letter notifying your local Police Department as well as your local Fire/Rescue Department of your registration and address will be mailed. In an emergency, if there is access to a computer, the bracelet is a USB device that will have the important information readily available. If there isn’t a computer available, the Hotline phone number on the band, ID card or other products, is accessible 24 hours a day. Someone will be available to retrieve the member’s information as well as assist in contacting that person’s emergency contact. They can also help by instructing the emergency responder on how to best help that person to get the care they need. Resources and Social stories are available on the website to help teach those individuals on the spectrum, as well as emergency responders, how to interact initially with each other in an emergency. We need all parents and guardians to take part in this instruction process.
Prices and Fees
- Registration which includes Membership Package which consists of a USB Bracelet, Decal, Membership Card, PDF file of logo with ID # to print on iron-on transfer paper, Letter notifying your local Police/Fire Department of Membership) —-$50.00
- Patches (either Square or triangular) each ————$8.00
- Terry wristbands (each)————————————$10.00
- Spandex Sleeves (per pair) ———————————$20.00
- Annual registration renewal ——————————$10.00
- Refund policy- Registration fee is 100% refundable in the first 72 Hours.
- After that, fees are non-refundable. Name and data will be removed.
Our Guidelines / Procedures
- Confidentiality- No personal information given will be sold to other agencies. Information provided to the registry will be provided in event of an emergency. Prior to full disclosure of all information, we will attempt to contact emergency contacts. If unsuccessful, the information will be provided anyway, consistent with our mission to insure the safety of all concerned. By registering, you agree that you understand this and accept these terms.
- Refund Policy- Should you decide within 72 hours that you no longer want to be part of the Registry, your money will be 100% refunded. Should you no longer want to be part of the registry after that time, no refund will be given but your information will be removed. Should there be an error on the ID tag, a corrected one will be provided free of charge. Should you need a replacement ID tag, one will be provided for $25.
- Access to registry- One parent or guardian can register more than one registrant. Each will have their own individual unique ID number. As the information changes, the person who set up the account can access the information and update it. We encourage this. If the information is not correct on the registry, it will not help your child to receive the proper care in time of need.
- Concerns- Should you have any questions or concerns please direct them to Joy@autismfyi.org or call 301-367-1042.