Autism FYI is a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting a safe environment, employment opportunities, and independence of those on the Autism Spectrum.
The Autism FYI Organization addresses the growing needs of those on the Autism Spectrum. This includes encouraging self disclosure of special needs through identifiable products to help first responders interact appropriately. Emergency support is available through our 24 hour Hotline using the IRIS (Immediate Recognition Increases Safety)registration information, providing pertinent information to First Responders for members.
AFYI employs those on the Spectrum, utilizing adjustable work hours, adaptable work environment and individual supports necessary.
AFYI helps establish a Virtual Spectrum Nation supportive for the person with Autism, through education and training for First Responders, businesses, medical personnel, schools and community members. In the future, establishment of Spectrum Heights, a self- sustaining community for independent adults on the Autism Spectrum and their aging parents, meets these needs while providing the acceptance, love and understanding that comes from living with people who know them. At the same time, it provides peace of mind and assistance to an aging population who has been meeting the needs and challenges of Autism most of their lives.
- Immediate recognition while offering safety in an emergency
- For Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Neurologic or Brain Disorder
- First Responders
Safety Training For:
- Encourage awareness & understanding for those with Autism
- Those on the Autism Spectrum
- Intellectual Developmental Disabilities
- First Responders
Support Our Mission Of:
- Creating a safer community
- Training First Responders and Community Businesses
- Employment opportunities for those on the Autism Spectrum
- Establish a community for those w/ Autism & their aging parents
Project Lifesaver is a 501 (C)(3) community based, public safety, non-profit organization that provides law enforcement, fire/rescue, and caregivers with a program designed to protect, and when necessary, quickly locate individuals with cognitive disorders who are prone to the life threatening behavior of wandering. Read More…